HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 68-year-old Dover man is charged with sexual battery of a minor.
On multiple occasions during November and December 2015, Arthur Jefferson picked up the 16-year-old victim from a county in North Florida, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. “The victim resided with the defendant for approximately a week each visit,” deputies said. “The defendant was the caretaker and had custodial authority over the victim during the visits.”
Jefferson performed oral sex on the victim multiple times when the child was staying with him, according to the sheriff’s office.
The defendant gave the victim around $200, deputies said.
Deputies said the defendant admitted to the crime during a controlled phone call, in Facebook messages and in a recorded interview.
TODAY’S TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- Tampa church volunteers complete renovations after missing money, pastor suicide
- Wounded Warrior fires execs over spending accusations
- Tow companies target cars with expired tag stickers
- Police: Dad leaves baby in car, goes into strip club
- VIDEO: Brawl breaks out over boom box on LAX-bound flight
- Drug-laced gummy candies prompt Pittsburgh-area school investigation
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines