WIAMAUMA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Hillsborough County middle school is on lockdown after a domestic battery happened near the school on Thursday.
A Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said that RCMA Charter School put itself on lockdown.
A domestic battery occurred near the school and the suspect is a parent of a child at the school.
The sheriff’s office said the suspect owns a gun, although it is unknown if he is in possession of it.
The school is concerned the man might try and pick up his child at school
The school will have a controlled release.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Composite sketch released of man who tried to lure girl, 11
- Bloods gang member arrested after traffic stop leads to gun, drug bust
- Only on 8: Dozens overdose, several die after using ‘super spice’
- Florida substitute teacher arrested for teaching while intoxicated
- Raw milk possibly sickens lawmakers who made it legal to drink raw milk
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- SEE IT: Car nearly crashes into California TV reporter while on air
- SeaWorld whale that killed trainer now very sick with lung infection
- >>Back to WFLA.com homepage for the latest stories making headlines