(WFLA) — Florida Governor Rick Scott had an awkward moment during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” show on Thursday morning when he refused to answer questions about Donald Trump and Muslims in Florida.
Host Joe Scarborough first asked Scott about endorsing candidates for president and then he asked about Donald Trump’s controversial statements about Muslims and if Muslims in Florida hate America.
“So you’re a friend of Donald Trump, would you tell your friend Donald Trump that he should walk back his statements that Muslims, that Islam hates America, that Islam hates us? Do you think Muslims in the state of Florida hate America?” asked Scarborough.
“As you know in Florida, we’re the best melting pot in the world. We love everybody coming to our state. After the Paris bombings I did ask the federal government to not allow any more certain refugees to come in to the state of Florida until we vetted them. I’m still concerned the federal government is not vetting them. That’s what my concern is,” replied Scott.
Scarborough continued to ask the question and Scott continued to dodge the answer. Co-host Mika Brzezinski jumped in asking Scott, “Can you answer the question, or should we scoot?”
WATCH the video to see how it ended.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Code for pedophiles ends up on children’s toys sold at Monster Jam
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- Polk deputies charge five men in gruesome murder case
- Attractive felon is ready to model
- Only on 8: Dozens overdose, several die after using ‘super spice’
- Imposter scam spreading on phones and computers around Tampa Bay area
- Police: 5 dead, 3 injured after Pa. backyard party ambushed
- Padi sparks more controversy after biting service dog