Tuesday night fire destroys several businesses in Lutz

LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) — Interior designer Katie Cassanova had just put the finishing touches on a new showroom at Kitchen Ality in Lutz when late Tuesday flames, smoke and water destroyed her vision.

“I see a lot of expensive cabinetry, a lot of hard work ruined. The vision that we had for this place that was complete for a little bit is now destroyed,” Cassanova said.

Lutz fire

The two-alarm fire could be seen from the Eagle 8 HD as crews tried to stop the blaze and save those businesses.

“As you can see, it came through the ceiling … All of our displays are real wood so now they have been compromised by the water,” Cassanova said.

The fire was reportedly sparked by a dryer at a nearby rug cleaning business that had a propane tank attached to it. Once the fire started, the tank exploded and the flames spread quickly next door to Kitchen Ality.

On Wednesday morning cleanup efforts were underway as employees tried to salvage what they could and draw up a new design plan for the future.

The damage done to Kitchen Ality alone could top $ 1 million.

Fortunately, no customers had cabinets being housed at the Kitchen Ality showroom.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s