LUTZ, Fla. (WFLA) — Interior designer Katie Cassanova had just put the finishing touches on a new showroom at Kitchen Ality in Lutz when late Tuesday flames, smoke and water destroyed her vision.
“I see a lot of expensive cabinetry, a lot of hard work ruined. The vision that we had for this place that was complete for a little bit is now destroyed,” Cassanova said.
The two-alarm fire could be seen from the Eagle 8 HD as crews tried to stop the blaze and save those businesses.
“As you can see, it came through the ceiling … All of our displays are real wood so now they have been compromised by the water,” Cassanova said.
The fire was reportedly sparked by a dryer at a nearby rug cleaning business that had a propane tank attached to it. Once the fire started, the tank exploded and the flames spread quickly next door to Kitchen Ality.
On Wednesday morning cleanup efforts were underway as employees tried to salvage what they could and draw up a new design plan for the future.
The damage done to Kitchen Ality alone could top $ 1 million.
Fortunately, no customers had cabinets being housed at the Kitchen Ality showroom.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Florida substitute teacher arrested for teaching while intoxicated
- Drivers advised to avoid Alt. 19 in Pinellas after water main break, serious crash
- Deputies: Drunk driver rear-ended car with such force it killed passenger in front seat
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- Bloods gang member arrested after traffic stop leads to gun, drug bust
- Deputies stop wrong-way driver with history of arrests
- Polk deputies investigating suspicious incident; man approached 11-year-old girl
- Man shot, killed by deputies outside Tampa apartment complex
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- SEE IT: Car nearly crashes into California TV reporter while on air
- SeaWorld whale that killed trainer now very sick with lung infection