HUDSON, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County deputies are looking for a man they say tried to suffocate and kidnap a woman in Hudson Tuesday night.
Around 10:30 p.m., the victim was at home when the family dog bit her roommate. The victim called a friend, Jason Cheladyn, 44, to see if he’d take the roommate to the hospital, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
The roommate found another way to the hospital before Cheladyn arrived, deputies said.
The suspect and victim sat in a red, four-door Hyundai sedan, with the Florida tag BPSP50, in front of the victim’s home.
Cheladyn asked the victim if she wanted to smoke, deputies said. When she refused and tried to leave the vehicle, the suspect allegedly put a plastic bag over her head and tried to keep her in the vehicle. Deputies said the victim fought back and was able to escape from the car.
Detectives issued warrants for Cheladyn for false imprisonment and simple battery. The suspect’s last known address is 17041 Budowski Road in Brooksville.
If you have information on Jason Cheladyn’s whereabouts, call the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office by calling 9-1-1 or 727-847-8102. In addition, tips can be left at 1-800-706-2488 or online here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Florida substitute teacher arrested for teaching while intoxicated
- Drivers advised to avoid Alt. 19 in Pinellas after water main break, serious crash
- Deputies: Drunk driver rear-ended car with such force it killed passenger in front seat
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- Bloods gang member arrested after traffic stop leads to gun, drug bust
- Deputies stop wrong-way driver with history of arrests
- Polk deputies investigating suspicious incident; man approached 11-year-old girl
- Man shot, killed by deputies outside Tampa apartment complex
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- SEE IT: Car nearly crashes into California TV reporter while on air
- SeaWorld whale that killed trainer now very sick with lung infection