LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Lakeland police have identified the man who they say shot another man during a fight about a woman and then took off, prompting the lockdown of four Lakeland schools on Tuesday.
Lakeland police are still looking for Reuben Eugene Wright, age 24, of Lakeland.
Investigators say McCray got into an argument with Wright after he saw Wright talking to his girlfriend. Wright is the ex-boyfriend of the woman.
During the argument, police say Wright shot McCray four times; one shot to the head, one shot to the left forearm, one shot to the left thigh and one shot to the right knee. McCray was treated at Lakeland Regional Health and is recovering.
The shooting happened around 11:15 a.m. and the resulting suspect search prompted the lockdown or heightened security status of four Lakeland schools; Lakeland Christian, Southwest Middle, Dixieland Elementary and Southwest Elementary.
Police say Wright’s criminal history revealed 22 felony charges and nine felony convictions. He has served two terms in the Florida Department of Corrections and his most recent release date was October 1, 2015. An arrest warrant has been issued for Wright for Attempted 2nd Degree Murder w/Firearm and Possession of Firearm by a Convicted Felon. If you see him, call 911.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Mom bills son $1,000 for being an unappreciative jerk
- Bloods gang member arrested after traffic stop leads to gun, drug bust
- Deputies stop wrong-way driver with history of arrests
- Polk deputies investigating suspicious incident; man approached 11-year-old girl
- Man shot, killed by deputies outside Tampa apartment complex
- Robbers point gun at toddler, enraged Florida grandmother goes on attack
- SEE IT: Car nearly crashes into California TV reporter while on air
- SeaWorld whale that killed trainer now very sick with lung infection