NORTH PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)– A water main break and a crash are causing big traffic problems on Alternate U.S. 19 in North Pinellas County.
Drivers are being asked to avoid Alt. 19 in Dunedin. Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies are responding to a water main break in the area of US Alt. 19 and Lee St. Alt. 19 has been closed since 11:45 a.m. and will be closed for at least a few more hours, the sheriff’s office said at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Southbound traffic is being diverted onto eastbound Wilson St. Northbound traffic is being diverted onto eastbound Skinner Blvd. Drivers are asked to avoid the area.
Palm Harbor Fire Rescue crews are responding to a 2-vehicle crash on Alt. 19 near Klosterman Road.
PHFR is reporting the crash caused heavy damage. Two patients were transported to hospitals, one via Bay Flite. PHFR says drivers should use alternate routes. Both lanes of Alt. 19 will be closed for the Florida Highway Patrol’s investigation, which is expected to last until at least 3:30 p.m.
DON’T MISS THESE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Naked woman dancing atop truck slows Houston traffic
- One man dead after South Tampa shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps couple keep home after title mistake
- Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye
- Boston Marathon bombing survivor Victoria McGrath dies in overseas crash
- Cops: Speeding driver blew a tire, crashed into 8 vehicles on Howard Frankland Bridge
- Scary new skimmer threat discovered in Sarasota