SEATTLE (KRON) — Starbucks is recalling one of its prepackaged breakfast sandwiches because of concern over listeria.
It is the 6-ounce package of sausage, egg and cheddar cheese on an English Muffin.
The FDA said it might be contaminated with listeria.
This recall is limited to 250 stores in Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma, according to FDA. (The recalled sandwiches were distributed to warehouses in Maryland, North Carolina, Texas and Louisiana).. There have been no reports of illness, but Starbucks is still pulling it from its shelves. Listeria can cause serious bacterial infections and is sometimes fatal.
Listeria can cause serious bacterial infections and is sometimes fatal.
Last week the coffee giant issued a voluntary recall for a cheese and fruit box for an undisclosed allergen. The boxes affected by that recall were only sold in Washington state.
DON’T MISS THESE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Naked woman dancing atop truck slows Houston traffic
- One man dead after South Tampa shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps couple keep home after title mistake
- Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye
- Boston Marathon bombing survivor Victoria McGrath dies in overseas crash
- Cops: Speeding driver blew a tire, crashed into 8 vehicles on Howard Frankland Bridge
- Scary new skimmer threat discovered in Sarasota