PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Skeletal remains were found Tuesday morning at the War Veterans Memorial Park in unincorporated St. Petersburg.
Deputies arrived at the park, located at 9600 Bay Pine Blvd., around 10:49 a.m.
The skeletal remains are human, but investigators don’t yet know the deceased’s identity or gender. An investigation is underway.
Stay with WFLA.com for more on this developing story.
DON’T MISS THESE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Naked woman dancing atop truck slows Houston traffic
- One man dead after South Tampa shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps couple keep home after title mistake
- Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye
- Boston Marathon bombing survivor Victoria McGrath dies in overseas crash
- Cops: Speeding driver blew a tire, crashed into 8 vehicles on Howard Frankland Bridge
- Scary new skimmer threat discovered in Sarasota