BEIJING (AP) – Local Chinese authorities say they have detained an elevator maintenance crew after a woman was found dead inside an elevator that had its power improperly cut off 30 days earlier.
The Gaoling district government in the northwestern city of Xi’an said two maintenance workers turned off the power source on Jan. 30 in a residential building after they were called to check on a glitch but that they failed to check if anyone was inside the elevator.
The district says the maintenance crew found a female corpse there on March 1 when they returned for repairs.
It says the woman was a resident who was living by herself.
The local district says her death was caused by negligence in a case of involuntary manslaughter.
DON’T MISS THESE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Naked woman dancing atop truck slows Houston traffic
- One man dead after South Tampa shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps couple keep home after title mistake
- Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye
- Boston Marathon bombing survivor Victoria McGrath dies in overseas crash
- Cops: Speeding driver blew a tire, crashed into 8 vehicles on Howard Frankland Bridge
- Scary new skimmer threat discovered in Sarasota