ROSELLE, IL (WCMH) – Police in Illinois are warning about the risks of drinking and driving after officers stopped a car with a 15-foot tree stuck in the grill.
It happened on January 23 on Roselle Road in Roselle, Illinois.
According to police, an officer was driving down the road when he saw the car with the tree in the grill driving the other way. After stopping the driver, the officer noticed the airbags had been deployed.
The driver was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
MORE CRAZY CRIME STORIES:
- Haines City man accused of practicing medicine without license
- Child’s story about growing ‘special’ plants ends in pot bust
- Police: Fugitive bids to hide identity, chews off fingertips
A Facebook post by the police department showing the damage went viral over the weekend with more than 21,000 Facebook shares as of 4 a.m. Tuesday.
DON’T MISS THESE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Naked woman dancing atop truck slows Houston traffic
- One man dead after South Tampa shooting
- 8 On Your Side helps couple keep home after title mistake
- Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye
- Boston Marathon bombing survivor Victoria McGrath dies in overseas crash
- Cops: Speeding driver blew a tire, crashed into 8 vehicles on Howard Frankland Bridge
- Scary new skimmer threat discovered in Sarasota