PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 32-year-old woman has been charged with child abuse in Pinellas County after deputies say she threw a metal fork at a 6-year-old girl.
The suspect, Violeta Marku, found the 6-year-old eating in her room, which is against house rules, according to an affidavit. She then threw the fork.
Deputies said the child turned, trying to avoid the fork, and was hit in the left arm. The victim suffered bruising and puncture wounds.
Deputies said the victim admitted to throwing the fork but said she didn’t mean to cause injury.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Grand jury indicts man for assaulting pregnant girlfriend
- Slow-poke drivers in Tampa Bay could face fines
- Manhunt for teen suspected in armed carjacking of woman outside Walgreens
- VIDEO: Lakeland man finds alligator in his pool
- Woman charged with child abuse after throwing metal fork at 6-year-old
- Tampa area gas jumps 14 cents overnight
- Tax identity theft victims face long lines at IRS in Tampa
- Dog owner warns: Sugar-free gum caused dog to have seizures