ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — St. Petersburg Police Department officers are searching for a man on a bicycle who rode up to a woman and then stabbed her on the head and body.
Investigators say the stabbing was reported around 3 a.m. on Wednesday. A person was walking in the area of 4th Street South and Dali Boulevard and saw the woman on the ground. When officers arrived they discovered the victim, 68-year-old Loreen Theresa Chopin, had been stabbed multiple times.
Preliminary information is that she was walking, when a man on a bicycle rode up to her and stabbed her multiple times in the head and body. The wounds were not deep and not considered life-threatening. She was taken to Bayfront Health.
Police say Chopin does not have a permanent address.
A suspect description has not yet been released.
MORE NEWS THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tampa mother wants justice after her son is involved in school fight
- Florida Blue ‘technical issues’ cause nightmare for Tampa Bay area customers
- Florida teen dies in crash a day after birthday, getting new car
- Pasco deputy fired for planting drugs
- WATCH: Boy, 2, falls out of moving van; Good Samaritans rescue him
- Florida hunters capture 106 Burmese pythons; Tampa Bay area team caught 15-footer
- Detectives find more gas pump credit card skimmers
- Dog poop DNA testing creates stink in one community
- Top 10 Beaches in the U.S.