TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Detectives with the Tampa Police Department are investigating the death of a man who was found in a car on Wednesday morning.
A TPD spokesperson said that a neighbor called 911 at 11 a.m. after noticing a person who appeared to be passed out in a car at 2705 Oakdale Ave. N. in Tampa.
When officers arrived, they found Jarmaal Rumlin, 25, deceased in the car. Detectives responded and determined Rumlin suffered upper body trauma and that it was a homicide.
Detectives are working leads and say his death does not appear to be a random act of violence.
MORE NEWS THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tampa mother wants justice after her son is involved in school fight
- Florida teen dies in crash a day after birthday, getting new car
- Pasco deputy fired for planting drugs
- WATCH: Boy, 2, falls out of moving van; Good Samaritans rescue him
- Florida hunters capture 106 Burmese pythons; Tampa Bay area team caught 15-footer
- FBI arrests Florida man in heist of $4.8M in gold from truck
- Dog poop DNA testing creates stink in one community
- Top 10 Beaches in the U.S.