LUBBOCK, Texas — Texas police arrested a man they say beat his pregnant girlfriend because he didn’t believe the unborn child was his.
A grand jury indicted Jacob Pauda, 30, on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, NBC affiliate KCBD-TV reports.
According to police reports, Pauda’s girlfriend first asked him if he’d been using cocaine. He then reportedly accused his girlfriend of cheating on him. When she denied the accusation, police say Pauda begin his attack.
Police reports say Pauda first punched the victim in the face repeatedly before grabbing a large butcher knife. Police say Pauda then threw his girlfriend to the ground by her hair and kicked her multiple times.
After he stopped the attack, police reports say Pauda grabbed his two sons from another room in the house and fled the scene. The victim then called for help and was treated for her injuries.
Police arrested Pauda a short time later. According to court records, he had been in jail just seven days earlier on deadly conduct and theft charges. Now, he’s being held on a $100,000 bond.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Grand jury indicts man for assaulting pregnant girlfriend
- Slow-poke drivers in Tampa Bay could face fines
- Manhunt for teen suspected in armed carjacking of woman outside Walgreens
- Woman charged with child abuse after throwing metal fork at 6-year-old
- Tampa area gas jumps 14 cents overnight
- Tax identity theft victims face long lines at IRS in Tampa
- Dog owner warns: Sugar-free gum caused dog to have seizures