LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Disney Channel is reviving “High School Musical.”
The channel said Tuesday it’s starting a nationwide casting search for the latest sequel in the hit TV movie franchise.
“High School Musical 4” will introduce new East High Wildcats and their cross-town rivals, the West High Knights, the channel said.
The cast of the original 2006 movie included Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale and Corbin Bleu. The sequel comes amid network TV’s fixation on musicals, with projects ranging from NBC’s “The Sound of Music” to Fox’s “Grease,” which starred Hudgens.
The Disney Channel said details about upcoming open casting calls will be available online soon.
An air date for “High School Musical 4” was not announced.
MORE DISNEY NEWS:
MORE NEWS THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tampa mother wants justice after her son is involved in school fight
- Florida Blue ‘technical issues’ cause nightmare for Tampa Bay area customers
- Florida teen dies in crash a day after birthday, getting new car
- Pasco deputy fired for planting drugs
- WATCH: Boy, 2, falls out of moving van; Good Samaritans rescue him
- Florida hunters capture 106 Burmese pythons; Tampa Bay area team caught 15-footer
- Detectives find more gas pump credit card skimmers
- Dog poop DNA testing creates stink in one community
- Top 10 Beaches in the U.S.