GIBSONTON, FL (WFLA) — The Florida Highway Patrol says I-75 southbound at Gibsonton Drive, mile marker 250, has reopened after a fatal crash involving a motorcycle that happened early Tuesday morning.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the crash happened around 3 a.m. when a motorcycle was traveling south on I-75 and struck the rear of a 1999 Ford four-door vehicle, causing the motorcyclist to lose control. The driver, 27-year-old Jose Sanchez-Soto of Ruskin, was ejected and died at the scene. He was wearing a helmet and alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
The driver of the Ford, 53-year-old John Freehafer of Spring Hill, suffered minor injuries.
Southbound lanes in the area reopened around 6:30 a.m.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Clearwater cops make bust after stupid mistake
- Pinellas mom still looking for help dealing with troubled son, learns he has stolen gun
- Fights prompt increased deputy presence at Alonso High School
- Pasco man desperate to find his dog who jumped out of Jeep
- Florida Blue ‘technical issues’ cause nightmare for Tampa Bay area customers
- Search underway for Panera purse thieves