LOS ANGELES, CA (WFLA) – A fiery crash on California’s 5 Freeway killed at least three people, injuring many more, after a large truck crashed into at least two vehicles, NBC Los Angeles reported. Officials said street racing may have been a factor in this crash.
It happened around midnight on the northbound 5 Freeway near Washington Boulevard exit. Local firefighters told NBC LA that a big rig struck at least two cars and burst into flames. Three people were killed, multiple injured including four critically, according to California Highway Patrol.
CHP officials said that street racing was a factor in this crash. It involved a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger travelling south on 5 Freeway. Officials continue to investigate.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Three middle school students accused of poisoning teacher
- WATCH: Pasco deputy’s bodycam video shows bloody arrest of shoplifting suspect
- Woman almost dies after leaving tampon in for 9 days
- Skimmers found at the following Tampa Bay area gas stations
- Hundreds of rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends