A new, but controversial gun range opened its doors in Volusia County on Friday, WESH reported.
Volusia Top Gun will have alcohol being served just feet from target practice. The range is located on Bellevue Avenue in Daytona Beach, where Interstate 95 and International Speedway Boulevard meet.
Volusia Top Gun was approved by city leaders last summer in a 5-to-1 vote, according to WESH. The owner says he has a system in place scanning IDs to prevent a customer who chooses to drink, from then firing a gun.
Customers can rent guns, but if they bring their own, it must be locked in their car when they’re done shooting, according to WESH.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Florida AMBER Alert issued for baby kidnapped by armed intruders
- Three middle school students accused of poisoning teacher
- WATCH: Pasco deputy’s bodycam video shows bloody arrest of shoplifting suspect
- Woman almost dies after leaving tampon in for 9 days
- Skimmers found at the following Tampa Bay area gas stations
- Hundreds of rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends