TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – An apartment complex in Carrollwood is planning to remove the ducks from its property using a rifle.
The Park at Windsor property notified its residents with a letter on their doors that Insect IQ will be “completing a nuisance duck removal service” on Monday, Feb 29, warning that a technician “will be carrying a rifle”.
Resident James Poe has lived on the property for 10 years, and has never had an issue with the ducks.
“It’s not like they’re out of control or like they’re aggressive or anything like that,” he said. “I don’t want to see them killed for something like this. They should at least tranquilize them if they have to move them.”
The letter prompts residents to call the leasing office with any questions, but James said they did not answer.
Our own calls to the Park at Windsor were not answered or returned.
What’s your take on this story? Head over to our Facebook page to share your opinion.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Florida AMBER Alert issued for baby kidnapped by armed intruders
- Three middle school students accused of poisoning teacher
- WATCH: Pasco deputy’s bodycam video shows bloody arrest of shoplifting suspect
- Woman almost dies after leaving tampon in for 9 days
- Skimmers found at the following Tampa Bay area gas stations
- Hundreds of rodent droppings found at Tampa Bay area restaurant
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends