FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie endorses Donald Trump for president.
Christie said at a news conference in Fort Worth, Texas, that Trump “will do what needs to be done to protect the American people.”
Christie went on to say, “Donald is a leader. He is a successful person that, like me, isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. Our system is broken and it won’t be fixed from the inside. I am proud to offer my endorsement of his candidacy for President.”
In a statement provided by Trump’s campaign, “Governor Christie joined Mr. Trump at a campaign event in Texas to officially announce the endorsement and will travel with him to Oklahoma City for a rally later today.”
Mr. Trump stated, “It is my great honor to receive the endorsement of the Governor. We have had a wonderful relationship for many years. He is a solid person that I have tremendous respect for. I am really proud to receive the support of the Governor and his family.”
Christie announced that he would end his bid for president on Feb. 10.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Rabies Alert issued in Town n’ Country, 2nd Hillsborough cat tests positive
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Venomous pet snakes, pythons abound in Tampa Bay area neighborhoods
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends
- Sarasota police to check gas pumps for skimming devices