COUPEVILLE, WA (WCMH) – The 7-year-old boy was on a trip with his mom and terminally ill dad, when he began suffering from allergies.
“He began to get very itchy and he was scratching all over. He started to get hives, so we informed the flight attendant who informed us that there’s dogs on every flight and just smirked, which minimized his experience for me,” Christina Fabian told KING.
The family was headed back to Arizona from Washington State when the allergic reaction delayed take off. They were told they’d have to deboard the plane.
“We understood. They helped us off the plane, but as we gathered our stuff the people toward the back of the plane clapped,” said Fabian.
The boy, Giovanni, was crushed. “People who don’t have sadness, they don’t understand,” he told KING.
Giovanni’s dad has stage four throat cancer, and it’s terminal.
“To make memories, and I am sad that this has to be a memory with my dad,” said Giovanni.
Allegiant, the airline they were supposed to fly, has offered an apology to the family.
THE STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Rabies Alert issued in Town n’ Country, 2nd Hillsborough cat tests positive
- Cops: Parents lied about stolen car with son, 3, in the back
- Venomous pet snakes, pythons abound in Tampa Bay area neighborhoods
- Blind man nearly falls in the street because sidewalk near home ends
- Sarasota police to check gas pumps for skimming devices