WATCH: E-cigarette explodes in man’s pocket, setting pants on fire

(WFIE) An Owensboro, Kentucky man was hospitalized after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

It happened over the weekend at a Shell Gas Station.

Surveillance video shows Josh Hamilton was standing in line, waiting to be checked out when the battery exploded.

Hamilton rushed past an employee, went outside the door, and struggled to take his burning pants off.

An employee behind the counter grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the fire out.

Another customer drove Hamilton to Owensboro Health Regional Hospital for second degree burns on his leg.

MORE CRAZY VIDEOS:

Man wrestles shark, snaps photos on Palm Beach
VIDEO: FedEx driver caught sleeping at the wheel
WATCH: ‘Fire tornado’ caught on camera

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s