With a line of storms passing through the Tampa Bay area Wednesday morning, it’s a great reminder about the importance of having our weather app on your phones to keep you and your family safe.
There’s no better way to get a jump start on your day than with the WFLA Storm Team 8 ‘Weather Max’ app.
Also, please double check to ensure you have severe weather push alerts enabled on your phone. These alerts can provide critical information that is important to you and your family.
- Live interactive radar with tools that let you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- Lightning alerts help keep you safe letting you know when there is lightning nearby
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the day and week ahead
- The latest video forecast from the First Warning Weather team
- Current weather conditions for Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Florida and anywhere in the US
- Customize your forecast by setting up multiple locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
If the weather changes when we’re not on-air, chief meteorologist Steve Jerve and the Storm Team 8 weather team won’t hesitate to pop onto Facebook Live and provide you with the very latest information on the storms.