Tampa home catches fire because of candle

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews were called to a home in the 700 block of Bungalow Terrace S. in Tampa just after 6 p.m. Friday.

Tampa Fire Rescue said two adults were inside when the home caught fire. They escaped but were looking for pets. It’s unclear at this time if the pets are OK.

The home sustained $75,000 worth of damage, according to Tampa Fire Rescue. In addition, damage to the home’s contents is estimated at $10,000, and a 2013 Lexus sustained $5,000 worth of damage.

The fire was caused by a candle in the bedroom, investigators said. The occupants tried to stop the fire with an extinguisher but were unable to do so.

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s