Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Korma
1 lb russet potatoes
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
2 (14.5-oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
Juice of 1 lime
- Peel potatoes, and cut potatoes and chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop onion and pepper into large pieces. Chop garlic and cilantro.
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Combine all ingredients (except yogurt, cilantro and lime); stir thoroughly.
- Add to slow cooker; cover and cook 4–6 hours on HIGH or 7–8 hours on LOW or until potatoes are fork tender; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in yogurt, cilantro and lime juice. Serve.
Note: Remove chicken thighs and add 2 more potatoes (total of 2lb) for a vegetarian meal.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 8g; SAT FAT 2g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 650mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 8g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 80%; CALC 15%; IRON 20%
For more information on the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic go to: Publix.com/rungasparilla