News Channel 8 Today Lion King Giveaway
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The News Channel 8 Today Lion King Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WFLA-TV (“WFLA”). Promotion is only offered in the WFLA viewing area in the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Highlands, Hernando, Pinellas, Pasco, Citrus, Sarasota, Manatee, Polk and Hardee (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WFLA shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries or participation, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By participating in the Promotion, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on January 18, 2016. Daily games (each, a “Daily Game”) to determine the winners will be held each day from January 18, 2016 until January 22, 2016. WFLA’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- For Promotion information and announcements, visit http://www.wfla.com (the “Promotion Page”).
- To be eligible, each participant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above).
- Employees of WFLA, Media General, Inc., The David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts (“The Straz”), any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
Prizes & ODDS
- Daily Prizes (5): Four (4) tickets (general admission) to see Disney’s The Lion King at The Straz Center, 1010 North Macinnes Place, Tampa, on January 26, 2016, at 7:30 p.m. ET (the “Show”). Approximate Retail Value: $340.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of calls received in any Daily Game. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person.
- All prize tickets are valid only on the date and time set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets. Exact seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by Show venue. Use of tickets is subject to all rules, regulations, policies and restrictions of venue. Visit http://www.strazcenter.org or call (813) 229-7827 for more information. WFLA will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Show or other inability to use prize tickets and the terms and conditions of the tickets will govern in such event. WFLA will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of any winner or guest.
- Each winner and his or her guests agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations and policies in connection with any prize or prize component and acknowledge that venue may remove or deny entry to any person, including any winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other venue visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any venue policies.
- All prize details shall be at WFLA’s sole discretion. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, all transportation, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, and personal items. Any person who wins prizes through any WFLA-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Any prize not used or accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes may not be substituted except that WFLA in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by WFLA. WFLA has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Daily Games to determine the winners will begin on January 18, 2016 and end on January 22, 2016 (the “Promotion Period“). To participate:
- Step 1: Watch: First, tune into News Channel 8 Today (“News Channel 8 Today”) week days from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) during the Promotion Period. During News Channel 8 Today, a “cue to call” will be announced or appear on screen, along with the Contest phone number.
- Step 2: Respond: When prompted by the cue to call, call the telephone number indicated. Subject to verification of eligibility, the eighth (8th) caller, as determined by WFLA in its sole discretion, will be declared a Daily Prize winner.
- If any potential winner declines the prize or is immediately disqualified or determined to be ineligible for any reason, WFLA will repeat the process with the next caller until a potential winner can be confirmed or no callers remain and no calls have been received for fifteen (15) minutes or more, whichever occurs first. In the event that no callers remain, the corresponding prize will not be awarded.
- In the event that fewer than eight (8) calls are received during any Daily Game, WFLA reserves the right in its sole discretion, to award the prize to the last caller, to replay that opportunity on a different day or time or not to award the corresponding prize at all. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting any scheduled broadcast of News Channel 8 Today and/or the cue to call or any selection process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, than the timely broadcast of News Channel 8 Today and/or the cue to call as scheduled, in WFLA’s sole discretion. If any of the foregoing result in the non-broadcast of News Channel 8 Today and/or the cue to call during the particular scheduled broadcast time, the corresponding prize will not be awarded. WFLA will not be responsible for breaking news preemption, weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, natural disaster, technical malfunctions, scheduling conflicts, non-broadcast, out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, or any other events or occurrences that may result in the modification or cancellation of any scheduled broadcast of News Channel 8 Today and/or the cue to call by WFLA in its discretion.
- Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or methods or agents to call is prohibited and will void all calls made or attempted by that participant. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Each potential winner may be required to provide a valid daytime telephone number and e-mail address. WFLA is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are not completed as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a telephone number, the call will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the telephone number from which the winning call originated. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Contest phone number by the relevant telecommunications provider.
- Participants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WFLA. WFLA is not responsible for calls that are lost, misdirected, garbled, unintelligible, disconnected, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such calls are void. WFLA reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual at any time who in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
- Each potential winner may be verified over the telephone and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WFLA no later than seven (7) days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WFLA in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Verified winners will be provided instructions on claiming or picking up their prizes.
- In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WFLA within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WFLA in its discretion may disqualify that individual and the corresponding prize will not be awarded.
- WFLA may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names on the Promotion Page and/or any of WFLA’s websites, including http://www.wfla.com, and on or in any of WFLA’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast them on any of WFLA’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award WFLA the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WFLA’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree that WFLA, The Straz, Media General, Inc., Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for calls that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WFLA by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the winners or prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any call-related information; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of calls, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry or participation materials during or after the Promotion, (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WFLA reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that WFLA determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WFLA’s control. In such an event, WFLA will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect calls received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WFLA, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WFLA reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WFLA concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry or selection process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WFLA or any other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to participate more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WFLA to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WFLA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WFLA determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of any call and/or participant with the Official Rules, WFLA reserves the right to disqualify such call and/or participant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. WFLA reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WFLA determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WFLA. Each participant agrees to cooperate with WFLA and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- WFLA reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WFLA reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. By participating in the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry or participation-related forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winners’ List/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Promotion Page or http://www.wfla.com or mail a SASE to: News Channel 8 Today Lion King Giveaway c/o WFLA, 200 S. Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after February 22, 2016.