Residents are encouraged to recycle their Christmas trees this holiday season. Recycled trees can be processed into useful mulch. To prepare Christmas trees for recycling, residents must remove all decorations, including hooks, garland, tinsel and lights.
It is important to not place the trees in a bag or trash can but rather leave them loose for pickup. For apartments and condos, residents should consult with their property managers for disposal instructions.
Curbside pickup of live Christmas trees is available by following these steps: Remove all decorations, lights, and tinsel. Cut the tree into sections no larger than 4-feet long and 6-inches in diameter. Place curbside on your regular yard waste collection day.
Drop off live trees at one of the following Yard Waste Processing Facilities, after removing all decorations, lights, and tinsel:
- 346 Falkenburg Road in Tampa
- 13001 U.S. Highway 41 in Gibsonton
- 8001 W. Linebaugh Ave. in Tampa
- Belleair Beach: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on regular days. Trees must be cut in 4-foot sections with all trimmings removed. Condo residents can put trees in dumpsters if they fit. Pick-up is on Thursday, Dec. 24 and Thursday, Dec. 31. For more information, call (727) 595-4646, ext. 120.
- Clearwater: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on regular days. For information, call (727) 562-4920.
- Dunedin: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on regular days from Saturday, Dec. 26, to Saturday, Jan. 15. Residents without curbside yard waste pickup can plan a pickup day with their association property manager. For information, call (727) 298-3215, ext. 1328.
- Gulfport: Place tree at the curb or alley for regularly scheduled Wednesday yard waste pick-up. Do not bag trees or place them in cans. For multiple-dwelling units, place your tree near the dumpster without blocking access to it. Trees will be chopped and processed into mulch, and then made available to residents at the Gulfport Neighborhood Center, located at 1617 49th St. S. For more information, call (727) 893-1089.
- Indian Rocks Beach: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on Wednesdays. For information, call (727) 595-6889.
- Largo: Place trees at the curb on your regularly scheduled yard waste day. For more information, call (727) 587-6760 or visit http://www.largorecycles.com.
- Madeira Beach: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on Wednesdays. For more information, call (727) 543-8154.
- Oldsmar: Drop trees off at 107 Shore Drive W., across from Park Boulevard. This is open from Tuesday, Dec. 22, to Friday, Jan. 15. For more information, call (813) 749-1266. Drop off locations will be available Mondays to Sundays, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pinellas Park: Place trees curbside or drop them off at the city’s brush site at 12950 40th St. N. Mondays to Sundays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, call (727) 369-0690.
- Safety Harbor: Cardboard recycling is collected during residents’ recycling day. Cardboard must fit in the 64-gallon recycling container. Christmas trees can be recycled with yard waste on Wednesdays. For more information, call (727) 724-1550.
- South Pasadena: Progressive Waste will pick up Christmas trees curbside on regular trash pick-up days.
- St. Petersburg: Drop off trees at the St. Petersburg brush sites: 1000 62nd Ave. N.E.; 7750 26th Ave. N.; 2500 26th Ave. S.; 4015 Dr. MLK Jr. St. S.; 2453 20th Ave. N. Or put your tree out for curbside collection by Friday, Jan. 8, for collection on Jan. 9. Please place trees no closer than 3 feet beside the garbage container in the usual collection location (curb or alley).
- Tarpon Springs: Drop off trees at the Yard Waste facility located at 898 S. Levis Ave. for a fee or put trees out for curbside collection with yard waste on regular day. For more information, call (727) 943-4837.
- Treasure Island: There will be curbside collection with yard waste on regular days. For more information, call (727) 547-4575, ext. 253.
Pasco County recycling locations:
- John S. Burks Memorial Park – 1322 Gene Nelson Blvd., Dade City
- Veterans Memorial Park – 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
- Anclote Gulf Park – 2305 Baillie’s Bluff Road, Holiday
- Land O’ Lakes Community Center – U.S. 41 (5401) Land O’Lakes Blvd, Land O’ Lakes
- Sam W. Pasco Recreational Complex – 9835 Chancey Road, Zephyrhills
- Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park – 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey
- West Pasco Class III site – 14606 Hays Road, Springhill
- Wesley Chapel District Park – North end at Overpass road; 7727 Boyette Road, Wesley Chapel