TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – Tampa Bay firefighters hosted a holiday safety event to remind that the holiday season can be full of fire hazards.
The demonstration was held in Tampa Friday. The fire department officials said that fire prevention is always their top priority. They organized the demonstration to remind families to be careful around flammable holiday items and common household things like space heaters and turkey fryers.
Firefighters demonstrated what can happen if flames get too close to a dry Christmas tree, how dangerous space heaters can be and why frying a whole turkey takes extra safety measures.