BARTOW, Fla. (Press Release) – Construction crews will close Combee Road in Lakeland, Thursday, October 15 through Thursday, November 19, to rebuild the railroad crossing and relocate the crossing signals between East Main Street and US 92. Follow the posted detour signs around the closure as follows:
Marked detour for northbound Combee Road traffic:
- Turn right (east) onto East Main Street to Reynolds Road
- Turn left (north) on Reynolds Road to US 92
- Turn left (west) on US 92 back to Combee Road
Marked detour for southbound Combee Road traffic and eastbound traffic from US 92:
- Turn left (east) on US 92 to Reynolds Road
- Turn left (south) on Reynolds Road to East Main Street
- Turn left (east on East Main Street back to Combee Road
Marked detour for westbound traffic from US 92:
- Pass Combee Road to Fairway Avenue
- Turn left (south) on Fairway Avenue
- Turn left (east) on East Main Street back to Combee Road
In addition to work on the railroad crossing, workers will remove and replace portions of the traffic separator and curb, add sidewalks on both sides of the road, build a concrete bus pad at the existing bus stop and place new signs and pavement markings on Combee Road.
Workers will also make improvements on US 92 at Combee Road including, extending the right turn lane from westbound US 92 onto northbound Combee Road, pouring new sidewalk to connect the existing sidewalk from McDonalds to Family Dollar, making drainage improvements, and modifying the median and paving the shoulder at US 92 and Woodland Avenue to accommodate eastbound to westbound U-turns.