LAKELAND, Fla (WFLA) – Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputies are asking for the public’s help identifying a man responsible for 13 recreational vehicle burglaries in Lakeland. Detectives say more than 30 RVs were broken into over a four-month period.
From June to September 2015, there were 13 incidents in unincorporated Lakeland where RV’s were broken into and ransacked or had items stolen from within. The first incident occurred on June 15, 2015, and the most recent incident occurred on October 1, 2015. Nearly all of the incidents happened overnight. A summary of incidents is below:
- June 15-17, 2015 – suspect broke into six RV’s parked at a storage facility located at 8315 US Hwy 33 North;
- June 18-19, 2015 – suspect broke into an RV parked at 4755 Drane Field Road and stole two TV’s, CD player, racing headsets, lawn chairs;
- June 11 – July 7, 2015 – suspect stole six inverter batteries from RV’s and trailers, and a bicycle;
- July 9, 2015 – suspect broke into several RV’s and trailers parked at facility located at 8315 US Hwy 33 North;
- July 11-13, 2015 – suspect cut fence and broke into three RV’s parked at 4851 Old Hwy 37 and stole walkie-talkies, a holster, and a knife;
- July 15-18, 2015 – suspect broke window of motor home parked at 510 West Brannen Road;
- July 19, 2015 – suspect cut fence and broke into six travel trailers and stole a battery from an RV parked at 455 Commerce Drive;
- August 1-3, 2015 – suspect cut fence and broke into several RV’s parked at 8110 US Hwy 98 North;
- July 26 – August 10, 2015 – suspect broke into an RV parked at 1718 South Combee Rd and stole a camera & DVD AV receiver;
- September 20-21, 2015 – suspect broke into five RV’s parked at 8250 US Hwy 33 North;
- September 25, 2015 – suspect broke into an RV parked at 9754 Cypress Lakes Drive and stole shoes and tools;
- September 20-26, 2015 – suspect broke into an RV parked at 3345 US Hwy 92 East;
- October 1-2, 2015 – suspect broke into four RV’s parked at 5849 West Brannen Road and stole a TV and wrench set.
Detectives believe the suspect responsible is a white male, 6′ tall. If anyone has information about this trend they are urged to contact Detective Weinrich at 863-499-2400.
ANYONE WITH INFORMATION WHO WANTS TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CASH REWARD IS ASKED TO CALL
1-800-226-TIPS or LOG ONTO http://www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com. ANONYMITY IS GUARANTEED! iPhone and Droid users can download a free tip submit app to anonymously report crime. To install these free apps, please visit http://www.tipsoft.com.