The Department of Defense announced Saturday the deaths of six airmen who were supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel. They died Oct. 2 in the crash of a C-130J Super Hercules aircraft at Jalalabad Airfield, Afghanistan. The cause of the accident is currently under investigation.
- Capt. Jonathan J. Golden, 33, of Camarillo, California.
- Capt. Jordan B. Pierson, 28, of Abilene, Texas.
- Staff Sgt. Ryan D. Hammond, 26, of Moundsville, West Virginia.
- Senior Airman Quinn L. Johnson-Harris, 21, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
All four were assigned to the 39th Airlift Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas. For more information, media may contact the 7th Bomb Wing Public Affairs Office at 325-696-2863.
Also killed were:
- Senior Airman Nathan C. Sartain, 29, of Pensacola, Florida.
- Airman 1st Class Kcey E. Ruiz, 21, of McDonough, Georgia.
Both were assigned to the 66th Security Forces Squadron, Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. For more information, media may contact the 66th Air Base Group Public Affairs Office at 781-225-1686.