SAN ANTONIO, Texas- A Texas family is devastated after their daughter’s corpse was stolen from a funeral home in San Antonio last week. The funeral home is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to those who stole Julie Mott’s body.
“As you can imagine this is not an easy thing to talk about,” said Julie Mott’s father, Tim.
Tim Mott now has to deal with the fact that his daughter, who died at just 25 years old, has now once again been taken away from him. Mott’s corpse was stolen from inside the funeral home within hours after her funeral service ended on Saturday afternoon.
“She was removed from here and taken to a visitation suite and would have moved on Monday to the crematory,” said Dick Tips, who is the owner of Mission Park Funeral Home.
The funeral ended around 1:30 p.m. and the building was locked up around 4:30 p.m. The next morning, it was discovered that Julie’s body had been taken. Dick Tips says this has never happened in their more than 100 years of business and he is devastated about it.
“This is a family business of five generations, and I just am not believing that this is happening,” said Tipps.
Julie’s father wasn’t able to say much. He is completely saddened by all of this. But, he says that he is confident that with the help of the public, the San Antonio Police Department will bring his daughter’s body home.
“We just want our daughter’s remains returned so that we can have some closure to our grief,” said Mott.
The disappearance of Julie Mott’s body is being investigated as abuse of a corpse, which is a class a misdemeanor. Tips says he has already contacted lawmakers to make a change to this. The San Antonio Police Department says once the body is recovered, more charges could be filed.