These are the weather-related closures that have been announced for Monday, August 3, 2015. To report a business closure, please send us a note by clicking here.
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital and Clinics in New Port Richey Clinics
- Hillsborough Community College has closed its Brandon and Dale Mabry Campuses and GWSC.
- Busch Gardens is closed.
- Lowry Park Zoo is closed.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Practice is closed to the public. # are still planning to have practice.
- The Tampa Museum of Art will be closed on August 3. Weather permitting, we will re-open on August 4.
- Tampa Bay Downs racetrack: all areas closed.
- Tampa Museum of Art is closed.
- Tampa Tax Collectors Offices to close at 2 p.m.
- Charles J. Fendig Public Library, 3909 W. Neptune St.
- West Tampa Branch Library, 2312 West Union Street
- Town ‘N Country Regional Public, 7606 Paula Drive, Suite 120
- Jan Kaminis Platt Regional LIbrary, 3910 S. Manhattan Ave.
- Gulf View Square Mall – Closed
- Due to severe weather and heavy rainfall Pasco-Hernando State College is closed on Monday. Normal operations are expected to resume on Tuesday, August 4.
- Land O’ Lakes, FL – The Pasco County Sheriff is advising motorists to be off the roads in flooded areas by 3 p.m. today due to expected increased flooding associated with high tide. As a result, Pasco County Schools PLACE childcare programs at Calusa, Gulf Highlands, Gulfside, Gulf Trace, Hudson, Schrader, Seven Springs, and Trinity Oaks elementary schools are calling parents to pick-up their children as soon as possible. Staff will stay at PLACE sites until all children have been released to their parents/guardians. The Transportation Department will have buses on standby if any of these sites experience flooding.
- Fox Hollow Elementary PLACE students were moved earlier today to Chasco Elementary School, Richie Elementary School PLACE students were moved to Cotee River Elementary School, and Marlowe Elementary School PLACE students were moved to Deer Park Elementary School. All affected parents/guardians have been notified and will have to pick up children at the alternative schools.
- Seven Springs Elementary School’s PLACE program is closed tomorrow as a precaution, due to its proximity to the Anclote River. SSES PLACE students will be housed at Longleaf Elementary School tomorrow. Parents will have to take their children to Longleaf and pick them up at the end of the day. Longleaf is located at 3253 Town Ave., New Port Richey.Site administrators have been given the authority to determine whether to allow staff to leave before 3 p.m. at all district schools. Administrators must make sure that no students are left unattended and that the facility is secured. In addition, the district is cancelling all after-school activities at schools Monday afternoon/evening. Schools should use SchoolConnects to alert parents that their planned activity tonight is canceled. The School Board meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. will be held as planned.
- Feeding and Reading has been canceled for Tuesday, August 4. Only mobile feeding is canceled. All other Summer Break Spot sites will be open on Tuesday.Stay updated about the weather and news: