Universal Orlando® Blue Man Group Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Universal Orlando® Blue Man Group Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WFLA-TV (“WFLA”). Promotion is only offered in the WFLA viewing area in the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Highlands, Hernando, Pinellas, Pasco, Citrus, Sarasota, Manatee, Polk and Hardee (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
2. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WFLA shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, each entrant irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
3. Promotion begins on July 27, 2015. Entry deadline is August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winners will be held August 10, 2015. WFLA’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing information to WFLA and not to Facebook. The information entrants provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that entrants have about this Promotion must be directed to WFLA and not to Facebook.
5. To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old, a legal United States resident, must reside in the Promotion Area (above) for at least three (3) months during the year. In addition, each entrant must have a Facebook account prior to July 27, 2015.
6. Employees of WFLA, Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando® Resort (“Universal Orlando®”), any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
7. Grand Prize (1): One (1) night’s hotel accommodations (room, tax and on-site general hotel parking only) for winner and up to three (3) guests (single room/quadruple occupancy) at an on-site hotel at Universal Orlando® Resort selected by Universal Orlando® (room, tax and one (1) night parking for one (1) vehicle) and four (4) tickets (general admission) to see Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando® Resort, 6000 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 (the “Show”), all valid through September 20, 2015. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $552.
8. Daily Prizes (5): Four (4) tickets to see Blue Man at Universal Orlando® Resort Group and one (1) Universal Orlando® general parking pass, both valid through September 20, 2015. ARV: $293.
9. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person.
10. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary depending on date selected and seasonal fluctuations. If actual value of Grand Prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
11. Winners’ contact information must be transmitted by WFLA to Universal Orlando® no later than the close of business on August 10, 2015. Guests of any winner must be at least eighteen (18) years old or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and may be required (or their respective parents or legal guardians may be required) to sign liability waivers and/or publicity releases prior to receipt of prize tickets and/or confirmation of reservations.
12. Grand Prize winner must be twenty-one (21) years old or older or accompanied by at least one (1) adult twenty-one (21) years old or older to check into hotel or resort. Grand Prize winner travel arrangements must be made a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to scheduled arrival date. Hotel or resort accommodations are subject to availability, block out dates and confirmation of reservations and may not be combined with any other offer. Hotel block out dates are subject to change without notice and additional block out dates or other restrictions may apply. Hotel stay and hard ticket dates may not be changed after scheduling, acceptance, and confirmation by Universal Orlando®. All elements of Grand Prize must be used, redeemed, fulfilled, booked and/or confirmed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted. If Grand Prize winner is unable to fulfill any portion of the prize during the time period specified, he or she forfeits the entire prize package. Grand Prize winner and guests must travel at the same time.
13. Use of Show tickets is subject to any additional rules and restrictions of Universal Orlando®. Visit http://www.universalorlando.com or call (407) 363-8000 for more information. Block out dates or other restrictions may apply. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. All unclaimed and/or unused prize packages, including Show tickets, will remain the property of Universal Orlando® and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner. All tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. Universal Orlando® reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. All tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at either of the theme parks or within any of the Universal CityWalk® venues.
14. Show tickets must be used no later than September 20, 2015 or on the tickets. Exact seat locations will be determined by Show venue. Use of Show tickets is subject to all rules and restrictions of Show venue. Visit http://www.universalorlando.com or call (407) 363-8000 for more information. WFLA will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Show or other inability to use prize tickets and the terms and conditions of the tickets will govern in such event. WFLA will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets or similar items once they are in possession of any winner or guest. Each winner and his or her guests agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with the prize. Show venue may remove or deny entry to any winner or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Show, or in any other way that violates any policies of Show venue.
15. All prize details shall be at WFLA’s sole discretion. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, additional hotel accommodations, lodging and/or transportation expenses, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service charges or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, upgrades, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, and personal items. Hotel or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any winner who wins prizes through any WFLA-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
16. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Any prize or portion thereof not used or accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Prizes may not be substituted except that WFLA in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
17. Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by WFLA. WFLA has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
18. Entries will be accepted beginning July 27, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). You must have an active Facebook account prior to July 27, 2015 to enter.
19. To enter, visit facebook.com/WFLANewsChannel8 (the “Promotion Page”) during the Entry Period and post a comment on the Promotion cover photo on the Promotion Page to receive an entry. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
20. All entries must be received by WFLA no later than August 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WFLA. WFLA will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
21. Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts, or logins) are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that entrant. No group submissions will be accepted.
22. Each entry must be associated with a valid Facebook account with accurate and current contact information for the entrant. WFLA is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account by Facebook.
23. Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WFLA. WFLA is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WFLA reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WFLA and will not be returned or acknowledged.
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF winners
25. On August 10, 2015, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WFLA or its designee will randomly choose six (6) names from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the first person whose name is so drawn will be declared the Grand Prize winner and the remaining five (5) persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the Daily Prizes.
26. WFLA will contact each potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to WFLA at the time of entry. Each winner must respond to initial notification within forty-eight (48) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WFLA no later than five (5) business days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WFLA in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winners must pick up prizes at WFLA’s offices at 200 South Parker Street, Tampa, Florida 33606 on a non-holiday week day during normal business hours (9:00 a.m. ET to 5:00 p.m. ET).
27. In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WFLA within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WFLA in its discretion may disqualify that individual and that prize will not be awarded.
28. WFLA may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names on the Promotion Page and/or any of WFLA’s websites, including http://www.wfla.com, and broadcast them on WFLA’s stations.
29. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award WFLA the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner’s photograph on WFLA’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
30. Entrants agree that WFLA, Universal Orlando®, Media General, Inc., Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by WFLA by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (g) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (h) are released from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from participating in the Promotion (in whole or in part), the use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, and the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize.
31. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROMOTION OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE PROMOTION OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROMOTION. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
32. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, you AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
33. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
34. WFLA reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that WFLA determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WFLA’s control. In such an event, WFLA will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WFLA, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
35. WFLA reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WFLA concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the Promotion process or other operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WFLA or any other entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WFLA to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
36. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WFLA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
37. All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to an entrant’s status as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WFLA determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WFLA reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. WFLA reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WFLA determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WFLA. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with WFLA and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
38. WFLA reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WFLA reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
39. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
40. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. Each entrant expressly (a) agrees that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and (b) consents to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
41. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Winners’ List/OFFICIAL RULES
42. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Promotion Page or http://www.wfla.com or mail a SASE to: Universal Orlando® Blue Man Group Contest c/o WFLA, 200 S. Parker Street, Tampa, FL 33606, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after September 10, 2015.
43. Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.