News Channel 8 relaunched its website, WFLA.com, on Tuesday with a fresh, clean look that features stories in a mobile-centric design. Our new site features a new way to showcase eye catching photos that help illustrate stories developing around us alongside a new video player that provides a better digital storytelling experience.
FIND IT FASTER:
- We know you’re busy, so we spent a great deal of time simplifying the site to make it easier than ever to find the content that you want in lightning speed.
- By far, one of the most requested items you’ve asked us for is the ability to look for a story by the date it was posted. No problem. Now, you’ll find a monthly, searchable calendar on all main sections of the site. Simply click into the date you wish to see and all the stories posted to WFLA.com will be viewable in a single place.
- Whether you’re at home or on the go, the homepage has been designed to be on your side.
- Faster to load, the new site places a better focus on today’s top stories and provides an easier way for you to see the stories that have developed throughout the day towards the bottom of the page.
- One of the sections you say you loved is our ‘Don’t Miss It’ section, so we’ve kept it right on the homepage for you. We’ve simply given it a bit of a facelift to make it easier to spot.
WEATHER TAILORED TO YOU:
- Weather is incredibly important to all of us; we totally understand. We plan our days, weeks and weekends around the weather that is expected in our area. That’s why we have completely rebuilt our weather section from the ground up. Over the past year, we have listened to many of your great ideas for how we can could improve the weather section of our site to better serve your everyday needs.
- One of the most requested things was for more maps and radars. You got it! We’ve added animated county by county radars along with satrad technology to our new site, and we’ve placed it alongside our new and enhanced interactive radar that works amazing on both mobile and laptop/desktop devices. Under the weather section at the top, you’ll see alerts, the forecast and radar, in addition to other topics. Make News Channel 8 and Storm Team 8 your go to for weather news and updates.
- Many have reached out to us and shared how they use our weather section, and we realized there was a better way to organize all the weather content and make it easier for you to get what you want – when you want it. We’ve improved the design and prominence of our 7-day and hour by hour forecasts to make them quick and easy to check every morning, afternoon and evening.
- Some of you have asked us for a deeper look at the day’s weather. We heard you. Now, our weather content is broken down in a way that more resembles when the weather will impact us. Whether it’s temperatures, dew point, rainfall or visibility, if you’re looking for all things weather ‘right now’ you’ll love our new ‘current conditions’ page.
- For your dayplanner, afternoon forecast and a look at projected temperatures locally and across the nation, you’ll find it all in our ‘future’ section.
- Water temperatures and waves were added for those who asked about an improved marine forecast.
- And during severe weather, you wanted a better look at wind shear, lightning and hail, so we added it under a section called ‘severe.’
To help you find your favorite pages, here are links to some of our popular categories. If you have bookmarked pages of our site before, please make sure you update them with new links. If this is your first time visiting us, welcome. We hope you’ll take a look and bookmark us; we’d love to connect with you each day.
- For watching our live newscasts: http://www.wfla.com/watch-us-live
- To find the newest video: http://www.wfla.com/category/top-video/
- For the weather forecast: http://www.wfla.com/category/weather/
- To submit news tips or weather pictures: http:www.wfla.com/send-it/
- For TV program schedule: http://www.wfla.com/wfla-newschannel8-tampa-tv-schedule/
If you are looking for something else that is missing, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Your voice is incredibly important to us. We know you have a choice in where you get your news, so we’d greatly appreciative it if you’d consider answering a few questions about our digital products so that we may better serve you.