1. Big Guava Music Festival (Friday, Saturday)
Great bands such as The Strokes, Pretty Lights, Pixies and Hozier are in the line-up for this music festival at Florida State Fairgrounds and MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre. Get the details
2. John LeVique Pirate Days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
John Levique Pirate Days is a three-day pirate themed festival celebrating the discovery of John’s Pass with a Pirate’s ball, boat parade, treasure hunt and more. Get the details
3. Temple Terrace Craft Brew Fest (Saturday)
Sample beers and enjoy food trucks and vendors from around the area at this BrewFest in Woodmont Park. Get the details
4. Mid-Florida Mayfaire By The Lake (Saturday, Sunday)
Always held Mother’s Day weekend, this popular, free craft fair in Lakeland is one of Florida’s largest outdoor art festivals. Get the details
5. National Train Day (Saturday)
Tampa Union Station in downtown Tampa will hold its National Train Day this weekend. Get the details
6. Florida Orchestra (Sunday)
The Florida Orchestra will hold their annual free “Pops In The Park” concert in Curtis Hixon Park. Bring a picnic and enjoy the live music on this Mother’s Day. Get the details
7. Zoominations (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
The exhibition of Chinese Lantern Festival of Lights at the Lowry Park Zoo continues. Get the details
8. Mother’s Day (Sunday)
Lots of places have special deals for mom this weekend! See deals & freebies in honor of Mother’s Day here.
There are dozens of other events happening around Tampa Bay, so if you don’t see one you like above, please check out our full list of fun things to do. If you don’t see your event listed, you can search for other events or add it on our Out & About section. http://8.wfla.com/1zWdKvD
We know there’s tons of cool things that make our area so special, so make sure to share the great things happening in your community.
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Did you go to a cool event this weekend? If so, we’d love to see pictures. Make sure you include your name and a brief description of the event where the photos were taken, including the city.
- Share your photos with us on the WFLA News Channel 8 Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/wflanewschannel8.
- You can also tag us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/WFLA_OutAbout.
- If you’d prefer, email them to us: News@wfla.com
We understand that the weather is a key element in planning your weekend. Don’t worry! The Storm Team 8 weather team is on your side. Here’s the latest forecast: http://bit.ly/19b8ICY